Olivia's Age

Our 1st Wedding Anniversary!

I can't believe it's been a year already! Today I thought back to our wedding and what a special day it was. It was so wonderful to get so many family and friends together. For Matt and I, the most special part of the day was as I walked down the aisle and getting to see each other for the first time that day.

Now it's a year later and we are settled in Colorado Springs expecting our first baby in a few months. We started our day at... IHOP! I know, so romantic... but I've been craving pancakes during this pregnancy, and since they are having an "all you can eat" pancake special, we gave into my craving for breakfast!
Then Matt and I drove up to a jewelry store on the north end of town for me to pick out a piece of jewelry I liked. I hadn't planned on receiving or giving any gifts since we are going on a cruise this coming weekend... I just assumed that was our gift to each other. But last night Matt mentioned that he wanted to get me something for our anniversary. So we found this beautiful diamond pendant necklace that I just love!!! It's very simple, elegant and beautiful!

After relaxing in the afternoon (and me taking my usual nap!), we headed out to the Cliff House for dinner. It was recommended to me by a friend who grew up in Colorado Springs. It's located in Manitou Springs which is just a short drive away. It's actually a hotel, but we headed to their dining room. Dinner and the ambiance was wonderful... I had a pasta with lobster, sea scallops and shrimp and a light broth and Matt had NY Strip steak. Both were excellent. We shared the frozen chocolate mousse souffle which was excellent (pictured at top). We had such a wonderful first anniversary. And we both are really looking forward to our Caribbean cruise that leaves this coming Saturday!!! What a way to celebrate!!

1 comments:

Flowergirl said...
October 13, 2010 at 11:09 AM

The highlight of the day would definitely be that chocolate souffle!!