Olivia's Age

The Big 6-0!

Last week I went to CA to visit family and friends, but also to celebrate my Dad's 60th Birthday! I can't believe he's 60 now... you would never know it from all he does! I hope I look that good at 60!

It was so great to see family, especially since this was the first time being home since becoming pregnant. And I'm starting to show so I think it was fun for the family to see the baby bump too!

Mom and I put together posters of pictures of Dad throughout his life. It was fun going through the photo albums to pick out pictures that represented him and all he's done. My favorite was of him at about 18 years old posing with a flexed arm to show off those muscles!!! It was actually one I had never seen before... hysterical!
Mom ordered Dad's favorite pasta from Maggiano's, and make some marinaded chicken, salad and garlic bread. Bethany made cupcakes and put them in the shape of "6-0"... they looked great when we put candles on each one! We enjoyed sitting outside, talking, eating great food and even making fun of Dad some...

Grandpa had the greatest "gifts" of the night... a selection of items that he'll need now that he's entered the "older" part of his life... Reading glassses, Milk of Magnesia, denture cleanser etc. It was hysterical!!!

It was a great party of family and great friends!!!

0 comments: