Olivia's Age

A "Fab"ulous Wedding!

At the end of last month Matt and I flew out to California to attend the wedding of one of Matt's ex-girlfriends. They've stayed good friends over the years, and I finally met Fab at our wedding.
Their wedding was at a church in Long Beach. I was expecting a lot more people at the wedding because she is Argentinian and he is Mexican, so I figured they had huge families. But actually there were only about 75 at the ceremony and about 100 at the reception. The ceremony was a Catholic mass, so Matt wasn't thrilled with it, but I was impressed that I still remembered all my prayers and responses since I haven't been to mass in several years.
Fabiola looked beautiful... her dress was exquisite... all lace and just stunning. I was hoping some more pictures would have gotten posted of her on Facebook, so I could include them in my blog, but this is the only one of her and Jorge I could find.
There were a couple of hours to kill between the ceremony and reception, so Matt and I headed to the shoreline and had some appetizers at the Yard House. The reception was held at the Hotel Maya which is just across the water from the Pier Street shopping area and very near the Queen Mary. It was a beautiful, boutique hotel and the room for their reception was perfect. It was small, but had a bit deck off of it and when the lights of the city and the Queen Mary lit up, it made for a beautiful backdrop. We had a good time at the reception... Matt caught up with friends he hadn't seen in many years... we did a bit of dancing... but eventually left when the Spanish-techno music became a bit much! We had a great time!

0 comments: